jordan burroughs mma

A … The former champion hopes to get right back in the title picture. It has always been felt that Olympic star Jordan Burroughs has the skills to launch a successful MMA career following on from his Gold Medal at the Olympics, and this is certainly a move that fans are clamouring for him to make. Lutteur d’exception, Ben Askren n’est plus un pratiquant de sa discipline fétiche à temps plein depuis sa transition en MMA. This is in the context of Jordan finishing bronze at the 2018 World Championships in the 74 kg division. Anyone doubting Justin's wrestling ability is in for a rude awakening when him and Khabib square up. Its popularity has grown so quickly. With a decorated career in freestyle wrestling, Burroughs also won the gold medal for the United States during the 2012 Summer Olympics in London. I’m good, I’m doing well financially, I’ve got a solid following. Pour ceux qui l’ignorent, cet homme est … Olympic Champ Jordan Burroughs cracked 2 molars and almost broke his jaw wrestling Justin in College and I believe he still won that match 7-4. “But I think a guy like Henry Cejudo vs. Nick Suriano, or a guy like Daniel Cormier vs. Kyle Snyder, or me against Kamaru Usman, J’Den Cox vs. Jon Jones, all these fights, I don’t know if these guys would even be willing to do it, but it does present some pretty darn intriguing matchups.”, Khabib Nurmagomedov wants to build his new promotion into UFC feeder league. One thing Burroughs is not looking forward to should he trade single legs and ankle picks for haymakers and head kicks is the potential damage he could take as a fighter. pic.twitter.com/OK7Bif5rip. Ben Askren got smoked at Beat the Streets, but wrestling is alive and well, Khabib Nurmagomedov Champion UFC Fight Night Walkout Jersey, Khabib Nurmagomedov Red Eagle Hoodie With Foil, Sean “Sugar” O’Malley Multi-Graphic T-Shirt, Black UFC Fan Gear Pride Fighting T-shirt, Rose Namajunas details trauma suffered from Conor McGregor bus attack ahead of UFC 223, Khabib Nurmagomedov has no interest in returning for Conor McGregor or Dustin Poirier: ‘I choked both, why should I do this?’, Yair Rodriguez suspended six months by USADA for failing to file location for random testing. Post author: MMA Fan; Post category: General Martial Arts / Grappling; On March 14, 2019, Jordan Burroughs took to Facebook to post an extremely insightful message. MMA. Jordan Burroughs has talked about competing in MMA for quite some time now. The pairing saw 16-time gold medalist world champion, Jordan Burroughs matched against undefeated top UFC welterweight contender and former Bellator and ONE Championship king, ‘Funky’ Ben Askren. By the time Burroughs is done with the upcoming Tokyo games, he will be 32 years old and possibly have two Olympic gold medals in his trophy case. The 30-year-old … Even given the wear-and-tear he’s experienced as a wrestler, it’s nothing compared to what he anticipates fighting could do to him. Jordan Burroughs will eventually move into MMA, but first he wanted to live his dream by capturing a gold medal at the Olympics. Jordan Burroughs would have been ‘disappointed’ with anything less than dominant win over Ben Askren New, 6 comments By Alexander K. Lee @AlexanderKLee May 27, 2019, 12:00pm EDT 153 votes, 59 comments. Le vainqueur de Londres 2012 est pour le moment focalisé su la conquête du titre de Tokyo 2020. All we’re trying to do is score points and get our hands raised, so I think that’s where we differ from the UFC, but I think that also the way in which we could address each other could be cool from a competitive spirit. Histoire de voir ce qu’il avait encore en réserve, le combattant UFC se décidait à affronter Jordan Burroughs. “It’s just not who we are, it’s not within our characters and the ideals that we created for the sport. This had raised some questions on whether or not Burroughs would also do well in mixed martial arts. But if he does venture into professional fighting, Burroughs would likely do it after the 2020 Olympics in Tokyo. “Then there was a period of time where I had so much success in the sport of wrestling and I was like, I don’t really need fighting. I definitely want to be a part of this lifestyle. Multiple-time wrestling world champion Jordan Burroughs made some noise recently when he scored a dominant victory over UFC welterweight Ben Askren at a … Découvrez ce que le champion olympique de lutte libre a à dire sur un possible passage vers les arts martiaux mixtes, version "divertissante" de son sport. A two-time Olympian, Burroughs captured a gold medal at the 2012 games in London and was also a two-time national champion and a three-time NCAA All-American during his illustrious career at the University of Nebraska. Jordan Burroughs would consider MMA career after 2020 Olympics in Tokyo 16 By Adam Guillen Jr. May 15, 2019, 10:00pm EDT For years, fans everywhere were anxiously anticipating Jordan Burroughs… Multiple-time wrestling world champion Jordan Burroughs made some noise recently when he scored a dominant victory over UFC welterweight Ben Askren at a Beat the Streets wrestling event in New York. But after stepping onto the mat in a competitive setting against a current UFC fighter, he’s at least ready to have a discussion. À 30 ans, Jordan Burroughs chasse son second titre olympique. User account menu. Also in 2019, Burroughs appeared in one episode of the talk-show ”Ariel Helwani’s MMA Show.” In March 2020, Jordan claimed his 4th Pan American Championship. Burroughs said it took him at least two years to sit down alone in his home and watch his loss at the 2016 Olympics that ended the projected favorite’s … “No one steps into this Octagon expecting to get beat up and take a lot of punishment, so it’s something that I have to evaluate with my wife and my coaching staff here. “There was a period of time early in my career where I was like, I’m gonna definitely fight. “It’s exciting. On October 12, 2013, Jordan Burroughs … ONE champ Brandon Vera tells Jon Jones to look at Mike Tyson: ‘What’s your excuse?’. “Now I’ve arrived at a place too where I’m seeing all of these guys that I once trained alongside become champions—and this is not a shot at any of those dudes—but if these guys can become champion, then I know I can become a champion because I possess all the same qualities that these guys possess. “I would love to. I can’t deny it, I can’t deny it at all,” Burroughs said on Monday’s episode of The MMA Hour (via MMA Fighting). As anticipated as the match was, it wasn’t all that long or all that competitive as the legendary 30-year old in Burroughs would dominate the MMA star on route to an 11-0 victory. Log in sign up. Burroughs, who is an Olympic gold medalist in wrestling, has been rumored to have trained alongside former UFC lightweight champ McGregor (21-3 MMA, 9-1 UFC) in the past. “Maybe next year we can invite more former wrestlers that have transitioned to MMA to come back and compete against current wrestlers,” Burroughs said. I definitely want to be a part of this lifestyle. IIRC, Justin got 1 takedown and 2 escapes. Jordan Burroughs considering MMA transition after 2020 Olympics, Namajunas tells her side of the McGregor dolly incident. “It’s exciting. In September 2019, Burroughs won USOPC Male Athlete Of The Month. Whether he’s rewatching his wrestling videos and it pops up, or he’s tagged in a photo, some part of the most devastating loss of his career comes back to him. Speaking on Tuesday with The Jim Rome Show, UFC President Dana White said that he would be interested in working with Jordan Burroughs should the all-time great wrestler want to make the move to MMA. The sight of Jordan Burroughs making a ragdoll of undefeated UFC fighter Ben Askren had a lot of folks wondering: What would it look like if Burroughs made the transition from wrestling to MMA himself? “As wrestlers, we’re not trying to hurt or damage physically our opponent. Le combattant de MMA au style souvent critiqué a accepté de relever un défi assez improbable : combattre Jordan Burroughs lors d'un duel en lutte libre. If I do consider fighting, it won’t be until after the Olympic games in 2020, and then from there I’ll reevaluate, see if it’s something that would be a realistic option for me.”. “There was a period of time early in my career where I was like, I’m gonna definitely fight. UFC president Dana White, for one, already expressed interest in seeing Burroughs compete in MMA. Rafael dos Anjos shares clip of grappling exchange with Khabib Nurmagomedov: ‘No one got closer to putting the champ out’. Jordan Burroughs on wrestling … I’ve got a family, I’m healthy, I’m good. I think it's extremely entertaining, and fun for fans to watch. In freestyle, he is an Olympic Gold medalist, four-time World Champion, six-time World Cup champion, three-time Pan American Games Gold medalist and four-time Pan American champion. 153. Un combat à sens unique Archived. The 30-year-old has the kind of elite wrestling that has been the base for countless MMA fighters, but he has never made any strong overtures towards expanding into a new combat sport. He viewed it as an opportunity to introduce himself to “non-traditional wrestling fans” that may have tuned in because of Askren and is excited about the potential of other MMA fighters following Askren’s lead. Home » Blog » Jordan Burroughs on What it Takes to Be the Best. Olympic Champ Jordan Burroughs cracked 2 molars and almost broke his jaw wrestling Justin in College and I believe he still won that match 7-4. Press J to jump to the feed. Parmi les meilleurs lutteurs de la planète et après une véritable masterclass sur Ben Askren, Jordan Burroughs intéresse l’UFC. It’s something that I’d definitely consider. But for the right price, I’d be willing to consider it for sure.”. “I don’t think we ever will,” Burroughs said when asked if wrestlers will ever fully embrace trash talking. Video: MMA vs. Tai Chi ends in standing KO, expressed interest in seeing Burroughs compete in MMA, Khabib Nurmagomedov Champion UFC Fight Night Walkout Jersey, Khabib Nurmagomedov Red Eagle Hoodie With Foil, Sean “Sugar” O’Malley Multi-Graphic T-Shirt, Black UFC Fan Gear Pride Fighting T-shirt, Watch teenage phenom shock black belt with rare choke to win CJJ title, White to meet Khabib about ending retirement, Odds: Covington astronomically favored over... LeBron James, Moderator Hell: Regulating MMA forums in the era of disinformation and far-right propaganda. Olympic gold medallist dominates MMA fighter with shut out in New York exhibition match, and jokes with Burroughs ‘my plan was to choke you out’. He's a GOAT for a reason.Jordan Burroughs leaves no doubt over Ben Askren. I just want to fight one time, that’s it.

Franklin Baseball Tee, Positivism, Interpretivism And Realism, Application Of Data Mining In Marketing, Olas Verdes Hotel, 3 Olives Pizza Menu,

ใส่ความเห็น

อีเมลของคุณจะไม่แสดงให้คนอื่นเห็น ช่องข้อมูลจำเป็นถูกทำเครื่องหมาย *